A program designed to ensure that people and dogs coexist in harmony in full respect for the environment.
This should be achieved in the not-too-distant future when as a minimum the quality of coexistence is elevated to the level currently existing in European countries with a wider social acceptance of animals. In the long run, the Basque Country should eventually become a reference country.
The Denok programme will be developed town by town and region by region with the active participation of the Town Halls, Provincial Councils and the Basque Government. A wide range of activities will be organised in all relevant institutions and areas, such as:
- Town Councils
- Municipal police stations
- Training and socialisation of owners and dogs
- Rural environment
- Involvement of people who do not own a dog.
- Information and raising awareness among the general public about the positive influence of a good, responsible and habitual coexistence with dogs for specific people and society as a whole.
- 943 25 50 25
- 688 80 56 56
- Idotorbe 53 – 20870 Elgoibar