We work together with other entities and institutions in a major innovative programme aimed at people with Alzheimer’s and family caregivers.
The most important objectives of the programme are the following:
- To recover and maintain autonomy, quality of life and socialisation of the person with Alzheimer’s in the event of an early diagnosis
- To contribute to stopping cognitive deterioration of the person with Alzheimer’s and to prolong their life at home as far as is possible.
- To increase self-esteem, happiness and the will to live both of the person with Alzheimer’s and of their family caregivers
- To reduce the workload and prevent the social isolation of the caregiver
- To construct an intergenerational solidarity and training network that promotes the creation of a more friendly society that is more respectful to people with dementia and their family caregivers
- To open of new research lines for the prevention and treatment of Alzheimer’s disease
- To help to reduce the economic and social impact of the disease